Friday, March 13, 2015

First Day

Hello there!

This is my very first time ever writing a blog. Bear with me and my random thoughts.

I've had a few people mention I should start a page or blog about my horse so I figured I'd make it about him AND our riding adventures in the world of Limited Distance and Endurance Riding. We are both new to Limited Distance and Endurance Riding. Go Green Beans!

I bought Huckleberry 7 1/2 months ago from Lincoln, California. After nearly 10 years without a horse it was TIME.

Introductions:

Huckleberry is a 10 year old sorrel tobiano sabino Curly Missouri Foxtrotter gelding.
Born in Missouri (SURPRISE)
Before being gelded he was a breeding stallion and as far as I know he has 4 or 5 offspring out there somewhere in the world.
He's about 15.1hh, maybe 2. Sometimes my 5'3 frame thinks he's 18hh.
He likes to give kisses.
He farts a lot.
His favorite scratchy spot is behind his ears about 1 inch back.
He has his own opinions on how things should be and doesn't understand why he has to listen to my opinions. 
He absolutely does not care for toys.
He's a rubbernecker on the trails and sometimes gets called a "drunk driver".
He may be part sheep or bison.

Huckleberry feeling super after his trace clip

I am 28 years old, sometimes feeling like I'm going on 70 the way my body snaps, crackles and pops.
I am originally from Las Vegas, Nevada (hate it). I spent a few years in Wisconsin as a child (LOVED IT) and currently reside in Northern Nevada (like it a lot).
I love sweets. If you have sugary treats and share I will love you forever.
I'm sarcastic and have a salty sense of humor. Humor and laughter are my favorite things.
My mom is a redhead and even though my hair came out brown, my personality can match that of a redhead. Spicy.
My first horse was also a Curly Foxtrotter gelding. I bought him as a 2 year old stud colt, promptly gelded him, had him for a few years, then sold him when I moved to Northern Nevada. I wish I hadn't done that but such is life.
Other than Huckleberry I have 4 cats and 1 dog. A bit of a zoo.

Paxton
Echo
Gizmo
Jimmy Shine
Moosejaw
Welp, that's all for now, folks! I hope you enjoy following my blog. And if you have any recommendations I'm all ears!

2 comments:

  1. Background colors, very hard on the eyes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I changed the background color. Is that better?

      Delete